Wednesday, May 12, 2010
Location: Valencia, CA
Duration: contract to hire
Department: Online Services
Reports To: Supervisor of Customer Service
Job Description:Responsible for providing industry-leading customer service while meeting the quality and schedule expectations of the company’s customers. Assist in the development, implementation and support of operational policies and procedures that facilitate the attainment of departmental and organizational goals.
· Ability to work with complex procedures and program guidelines
· Demonstrates good grammar and spelling in written communication
· Bilingual English/Spanish is a plus.
· Ability to type at 30 wpm net (no errors).
· Basic math skills (high school level)
· BA/BS in a technical discipline or equivalent customer service work experience preferred
· Experience in Sales is a plus
· Fluent bilingual English/Spanish (written and verbal) required
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
· Constantly alert to new software and technology with broad awareness of SaaS (Software as a Service) model
· Basic understanding of online subscription services
· Advanced understanding of online services
o Can define or prove knowledge of the following terms:
§ Online meetings
§ Online purchasing (sales, cancellations, order checking, refunds)
§ Online surveys
§ Online search
§ Website navigation
· Working knowledge of personal computers running the current Windows operating system
o Can correctly plug in a mouse, keyboard, monitor, speakers
o Can power up, log in, locate and open a variety of applications needed to perform work as a support agent
o Demonstrates proficient navigation skills with a mouse and keyboard
· Requires the use of office equipment such as multi-line telephone systems, fax machine, copy machine
· Requires the ability to distinguish letters, numbers and symbols. Requires hand/eye coordination
· Requires the ability to work long hours and endure stressful conditions
· Requires to effectively communicate and work with professionals in other departments and customers, which may lead to independent decision making
· Excellent organizational skills and follow through discipline
· Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
· Ability to work with complex procedures and program guidelines
· Basic knowledge of Microsoft Word, Access, Excel, e-mail
· Independent worker, a self-starter, detail oriented, analytical and have ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
· Nurture high-end clientele and act as contact person for status of application and orders, billing issues, customer profiles, program and campaign information
· Answers telephone and online submissions inquiries posed by customer
· Provides appropriate feedback and settlement to all customer contacts (including referrals to other organizations)
· Assists customers with program questions including but not limited to in depth information on program benefits, terms and conditions, application options, as well as basic technical support on tools, and resolves any open issues with the customer
· Processes application materials and makes compliance decisions in accordance with program requirements and Microsoft guidelines
· Processes and updates customer information with tools owned by the client and by arvato digital services
· Contacts customers for marketing, survey and follow up purposes
· Updates and maintains Contact Management System Software with daily call log per customer, address, contact, etc.
· Performs, meets and maintains KPI (Key Performance Indicators) for company’s policies for the customer service department and ACD (Automatic Call Distribution) phone system statistics
· Keeps abreast of program changes and informational updates
· Works with Microsoft and arvato digital services owned tools and websites
· Complies with company set procedures
· Supports account’s specific programs
· Assists in developing and streamlining procedures
Posted by Kevin Clackler at 8:35 AM
Thursday, May 6, 2010
|Job Title:||NOC Operator|
|Job Category:|| Information Technology |
|City:|| Westlake Village |
|State/Province:|| California |
|Country:|| United States of America |
|Primary Responsibilities:|| Intuit is a leading software provider of business and financial management solutions for small and mid-sized businesses, consumers and accounting professionals. You probably know us by our flagship products, QuickBooks®, Quicken® and TurboTax®, but that’s just the start. We are currently going through a fundamental transformation from a shrink-wrapped software company to one of the country's leading providers of web-based applications and solutions. |
Come join Intuit as part of the Digital Insight team as an IT Ops Specialist working in our NOC. We are looking for creative problem solvers with a passion for innovation to join our team and revolutionize the way the world does business. The NOC Operator role will give you great experience learning our operations and infrastruture.
1) Monitoring/Troubleshooting/Escalating Connectivity and System Issues - Continual observation of Digital Insight's monitoring systems.
2) Respond to alerts from any system by following documented procedures for verifying the issue, determining the cause, and resolving or escalating as necessary.
3) Duties also include recording outages for daily review and sending outage notifications internally and externally.
4) Routine Administration Tasks - Perform tasks as defined in the NOC Shift Checklist. These tasks vary by day and shift but include items such as performing backups, checking status of current jobs, processing files, etc.
5) Servicing Interdepartmental Requests - Support other departments in product implementations/changes.
6) Troubleshooting/Escalating Customer Reported Issues - Provide Level 1 Datacenter support for issues escalated from Customer Service. Service these requests by researching, troubleshooting, or escalating as documented.
7) Special situations may arise that require the NOC Operator to perform additional tasks that are not listed above.
NOTE: This job opening is for the 3rd shift (11:00pm - 8:00am). Shift changes are possible and do take place throughout the year as positions open up, but candidates should expect to work this shift for at least 6 mos. - 2 years on average.
|Qualifications:|| Along with your outstanding drive for accomplishment, the successful candidate will bring with them:|
1) High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
2) Basic IT training/work experience is required.
3) Experience supporting a 24x7x365 IT Operations environment a plus. Financial industry background is a plus.
4) Basic knowledge of computer networking and at least one of the following: Windows NT/2000, UNIX, Linux, SQL Server.
5) The ability to effectively and accurately multitask is a requirement.
6) Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills and a strong customer service focus.
7) NOC is a 24x7x365 environment. This is a very fast-paced work environment and requires the ability to multi-task.
8) Employees may be required to work overnight, weekends, and holidays.
Learn more about our award winning workplace and how we give back to our local and global communities. Discover what it’s like to be part of a team that rewards taking risks and trying new things. Join us and let your ingenious ideas be heard. How far can you think? www.intuitcareers.com
Be innovative… Be yourself... Be Intuit …
Posted by Kevin Clackler at 11:06 PM